Monday 27 October 2014

Two is better than One


Khloe Kardashian
Mixed Media: Adobe Illustrator and Coloured Pencils
Inspired by Hayden Williams' fashion sketches

Chantal and myself have teamed up to create this mixed media portrait of Khloe. We both, individually drew her portrait and Chantal, using photoshop, blended the two pieces seamlessly together. I think it gives a nice effect, and the texture of the pencils contrasts with the smoothness of my digital drawing. Chantal was better able to capture the emotions in Khloe's eyes than I was and I think I was really able to portray the fuzziness of the sweater's fabric. Each medium has its strengths and weaknesses and together they can complement each other and exist harmoniously to create a very interesting portrait.

-S.R

My Original artwork

     Reference Image courtesy Gossip Magazine






                     








8 comments:

  1. I like the combination. You should get into doing portraits. Lovley work Shan. Great combo.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks a lot, you wouldn't believe growing up I couldn't, for the life of me do a proper portrait.

      Delete
  2. Great job, I love the idea of mixing media together.

    ReplyDelete
  3. great job girls it looks really great hats off 2 u both

    ReplyDelete