Friday 17 October 2014

Let there be Colour! Portrait #2

I am entirely please with the outcome of this portrait. The colours and detailing definitely bring something new and exciting to the table. My biggest struggle had to have been simply selecting what colours to use. Last minute I decided to change the colour of the hair from a natural brunette to a red head. I had to change certain aspects, like the hairline that MJ Lindo uses a lot, as well as the coloured hair to keep within her style. The wooden background enhances the hair and mimics its golden, blond colour beautifully. The technique I used for the shading was surprisingly easy to apply and produced a very soft blend of colours that MJ achieves with paint. I really enjoyed the process as it made me finally step into the world of colour that I have been avoiding for years. A close up of the details in this portrait can be found on my facebook page.

-S.R





4 comments:

  1. Am loving your work and technique .

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, I really appreciate your kind compliments.

      Delete
  2. You look mystical, lol. You caught the look I think that the artist gets with her paintings. Lovely.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol success! Thank you, maybe I should dye my hair red now :P

      Delete