Wednesday 29 October 2014

2014 Zombie Apocalypse

This Halloween I was inspired by a gig on Fiverr. I had no previous knowledge that this website even existed. Whilst browsing the internet I stumbled upon it, or should I say shoved in its path by an unworldly being lurking around my computer. However you want to look at it, I was glad to have found it. Fiverr is an online community where people, mostly freelancers, can offer their services or "gigs", starting at the cost of USD 5.00. I found this gig in the graphic design section, by marvelheads. He offered customers personalized zombie illustrations that he would create, for USD 5.00. I could not have stumbled upon a better place. He used his unique style of illustrating zombies for each customer. There are many styles of drawing zombies, ranging from realistic to completely comical. I had never seen a style quite like his, so of course I had to recreate my own portrait, taking out and adding elements as I went along. You will have to wait till the clock strikes midnight on Halloween to see what I have created....

Just kidding! The portrait will be up Friday, when the clock strikes 12, for lunch.

Check out my Facebook page to see the zombies marvelhead has manifested and my Tumblr for more Halloween art inspiration.

-S.R


No comments:

Post a Comment