Monday 24 November 2014

Roxara

This portrait had to have been my second most challenging one to date, with my Gaks inspired portrait taking the number one spot in that respect. Sara's portraits have a very sketchy pencil texture to them which was difficult to mimic without it looking too harsh or forced. It was also, pretty impossible for my version to look identical to Roxanne's portrait. Sara's style required me to completely change her face shape and structure, elongate her neck and decrease her large oval eyes.  I of course, however, retained her hair texture, fulling and adding more length for aesthetic purposes. Her lips and nose remained more or less the same. I produced two versions, with a slight variation, one with pupils and the other without. Roxanne requested that her pupils be kept in the portrait. which in my opinion, gives the portrait a soul. 

-S.R

Roxara


No comments:

Post a Comment